Certificate of Guarantee
- This guarantee is in addition to your legal rights in addition to AlluGuard products that may be faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- The following terms apply to all AlluGuard products purchased for installation in residential premises ONLY in the UK or Republic of Ireland with effect from 10th May 2010. The terms shall prevail or be in addition to any agreement between you, the residential customer, the installer and/or AlluGuard
- AlluGuard will replace any components of our products sold as AlluGuard roller doors and sectional garage doors (‘the Product’) where the manufacturing process has resulted in a defect occurring during a period of five years from the date of installation of the Product, subject to the exceptions and conditions set out below.
Conditions of Guarantee
(a) AlluGuard roller and sectional garage doors are guaranteed against any form of manufacturing defect for a period of 2years from the date of original purchase.
(b) AlluGuard tubular motors are guaranteed against any form of manufacturing defect for a period of 5 years. Other electrical and mechanical elements within the control system are guaranteed for a period of 5 years
(c) AlluGuard roller garage doors exterior finish is guaranteed to provide an effective weatherproof membrane which will resist perforation of the substrate from the weather side due to corrosion for the periods indicated below. Colour change or fade to the exterior surface will be limited and uniform during the guarantee period.
(d) AlluGuard sectional garage doors are guaranteed against defect of material or workmanship by AlluGuard with parts only warranty, subject to correct installation, maintenance and operation, for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase.
Guarantees are subject to the condition as set out below:
1. During the 2 year comprehensive guarantee period for roller garage doors and sectional garage doors, AlluGuard Doors Limited undertake to repair or replace (at its discretion), and without charge, products or components which have suffered any form of manufacturing defect. Claims must be notified in writing within 3 days from the date of delivery or within a reasonable time after discovery of any defect.
2. Products covered by these guarantees must have been purchased through an authorised AlluGuard garage door distributor or as original equipment attached to a newly built dwelling.
3. The warranties shall apply for normal residential garage door use only. Normal use constitutes no more than 6 operations (open/close cycles) per day.
4. The warranties offered attach to the AlluGuard product only and no consequential damages will apply no matter how caused.
5. No liability will be accepted as a result of normal wear and tear, incorrect storage, incorrect handling, faulty installation, incorrect use, accidental or willful damage.
6. Claims under this guarantee must be made through the original supplier and accompanied by relevant documentation indicating the date of purchase (e.g. receipt) and photographic evidence where possible.
7. AlluGuard Doors Limited maximum liability shall be the original purchase price inclusive of Value Added Tax at the rate prevailing when supplied.
8. All Galvanised parts including the springs and spring shafts are also covered by the warranty with the same exclusions.
9. Any product which is the subject of a claim:
i. Must have been correctly installed in accordance with the installation instructions supplied (Additional copies of which are available on our website).
ii. Must be maintained on a regular basis and serviced on an annual basis by a suitably qualified AlluGuard Approved Service Engineer who will also carry out a Safety Check in accordance with the terms as set out in the Machinery Directive. Contact AlluGuard for details of your local approved engineer.
iii. Must have the manufacturer’s reference number still intact (found on the label on the door).
10. Claims will not be accepted where the cause is due to:
i. Impact or mechanical damage suffered during or following installation, e.g. scratches, indentations, tears, scuffs or other surface abrasion.
ii. Damage or discolouration caused by contact with any form of caustic, abrasive or corrosive substance, fumes, bird droppings, fire, smoke, floodwater, salts, acids, or from exposure to abnormal atmospheric pollution.
iii. Alterations / modifications made to the Product by anyone other than AlluGuard
iv. accidental or malicious damage
v. Incorrect operation of the Product
11. This guarantee excludes normal wear and tear on items such as brushes in the guides, end plate rollers on AlluGuard roller doors.
12. Only AlluGuard original spare parts must be used when required. The use of non-AlluGuard parts shall invalidate this guarantee; the warranty period for replacement parts is 6 months or the balance of the original warranty period if greater.
13. The Exterior Finish Guarantee applies only to the weather side surface and where more than 5% of the surface area of the door is affected. Surfaces must be freely exposed to washing by rainfall and kept clear of accumulated dirt and debris and given equal exposure to local environmental conditions and consistent natural lighting conditions across the face of the door. Scratches and marks to both sides of the AlluGuard roller door curtain are normal, therefore are not part of any warranty. Special attention is drawn to Clause (10) (ii).
14. If all of the inclusions within this guarantee are followed and with the consultation of the manufacturer of the door material the exterior finish is guaranteed for 5 years from installation on AlluGuard roller doors and 10 years on AlluGuard sectional doors.
15. The guarantee period for electric operators excludes batteries, fuses and light bulbs.
16. Parts replaced free of charge become the property of AlluGuard Doors Limited.
17. Attempted repairs by non-qualified individuals shall invalidate this guarantee.
18. AlluGuard garage doors and associated products are sold subject to the AlluGuard Doors Limited Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, copies of which are available upon request. AlluGuard Doors Limited shall not be liable as a result of any representation, implied warranty or other term or condition or for any consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims whatsoever except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions of sale.